VOLUNTEERS – A MAJOR PART OF OUR PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE!
“Working with WCSC made me a better person and I am honored to have done so. Believe me, I got way more than I ever gave in volunteering there.”
The Women’s Coalition of St. Croix (WCSC) was begun by a group of determined volunteers with the desire to make a difference. They invested time, effort and passion to bring about solutions to ending and preventing violence against women and children in our community.
Together we can continue the legacy of helping survivors rebuild their lives and ending violence. Call our main office at (340)773-9272, for more information about volunteering with us. Download a copy of our volunteer application here.
Volunteers make it possible for us to fulfill our mission with hard work, passionate spirits and commitment to a better St. Croix. You can make a difference by helping us with:
- Victim Advocacy – take our training and join our advocate program to offer support to victims in crisis
- Fundraising Events – join a committee, use your talents to help us produce an event or recruit other individuals or businesses to partner with us or sponsor an event
- Clerical/Administration – help us organize and/or digitize files and photos at our main office, answer phones, filing, write grants, etc.
- Thrift Stores – help us organize and prepare donated items for sale at Closet To Closet, Shabby Chic Corner and The Home Store
- Social Networking – use your techie talents to help us spread the word about our mission to end violence in our community
- Marketing/Promotion – use your creative talents to help us design flyers, posters, images for the Web or other artwork to promote our causes, services, programs or special projects