The Women’s Coalition of St. Croix
- Provides crisis intervention services and counseling for all crime victims at our office/crisis center.
- Provides a 24-hour, year-round advocate program to assist men, women and children victims through the criminal justice system and medical procedures.
- Conducts self-help support groups for victims of rape, domestic violence and incest; conducts parenting groups.
- Provides temporary safe housing, emergency aid, food and clothing, plus a shelter for battered women and their children.
- Sensitizes police, hospital and social service agencies to the needs of victims through specialized training seminars.
- Offers referrals, advocacy and support for victims in the hospitals and other community agencies.
- Provides community education and public speakers on the subjects of domestic violence, child molestation, conflict resolution and sexual assault.
- Provides child advocacy to promote children’s interests and protect their rights.
- Provides in-school workshops and presentations for kindergarten through college on issues of violence and sexual abuse prevention at public and private schools.
- Maintains a resource library including literature and video tapes, and a service referral data bank available to the community.
- Participates in The Clothesline Project, a visual display of tee-shirts designed by victims.
- Provides an in-school violence prevention program entitled, “Positively Puppets.” (We regret that we must charge a nominal fee for this program.)
- Provides training and discussion for the issues of race and cultural diversity through a program entitled, “Erase-isms.”
- All services are provided in English and Spanish and are free with the exception of Positively Puppets. Se Habla Español