ABOUT THE WOMEN'S COALITION OF ST. CROIX
To support and empower people impacted by violence.
Domestic and sexual violence affect us all, everywhere. Supportive services are available, free of charge. We’re here for you. We believe you.
USVI SAYS NO MORE
Join the campaign to end domestic and sexual violence through education, prevention and support for survivors. There is NO room for violence on our islands!
sHOW SUPPORT FOR LGBT PRIDE, ENDING GUN VIOLENCE AND ELDER ABUSE AWARENESS IN JUNE!
Domestic and sexual violence are experienced by all kinds of people, unfortunately. Those who identify as LGBTQIA+ often face additional dangers and barriers that make seeking and getting help more challenging.
We encourage you to reflect on the countless contributions older adults make to our lives and the world. Let’s use “Make your Mark” to highlight the difference everyone can make in showing support for older adults, their caregivers and for strengthening the community and resources they need.
The Administration for Community Living has a number of resources for activity ideas during OAM, including ways to share your stories. Visit acl.gov for more information.
The safety and well-being of our community is our priority, as we face the realities associated with the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. Please know that we are ensuring our services for people impacted by violence are available during this difficult time. We thank you for your understanding and patience, as we continue to plan, develop and implement ways to continue offering trauma-informed care, centered around your needs and healing.
- We are taking the updated recommendations of the government’s health agencies seriously, including physical distancing, limiting visits to public spaces and group activities, and the wearing of masks in order to enter our sites.
- Closet To Closet, Shabby Chic Corner and The Home Store, our community thrift stores, reopened on May 26, with new health and safety measures in effect. Click here for details.
- Our parenting classes and teen sexual assault survivors support groups remain suspended until further notice.
- We are offering counseling services by phone and virtually, Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 5:00 p.m., with counselors arranging meetings with clients. If you are feeling unsafe or are in need of shelter, please call us at 340.773.9272, and speak with a counselor.
- Our 24-hour crisis intervention hotline is still operational. Volunteer advocates and staff are reachable for crisis intervention and support without judgment at night and on weekends at 340.773.9272.
Our thoughts, prayers and hopes for perfect health and peace are with you and your loved ones. Please practice self-care and positivity, as much as possible. We WILL get through whatever comes, together.
In an emergency situation, please diall 911 from a landline or 340.772.9111 from a mobile phone. Please visit us here at wcstx.org, or call our main office/crisis center at 340.773.9272, for up-to-date information on WCSC’s services. Please be well and stay safe!
We thank you for joining us and participating in Our Voices Matter!, the first collaborative Zoom event between WCSC and the V.I. Department of Health on May 27.
Our 2020 major fundraiser, the Women’s Coalition of St. Croix Presents LUNAFEST® Film Festival, has been postponed, due to the COVID-19 health crisis. We thank you for joining us on “Film Fest Day,“ April 18, for our YouTube virtual screening of Johanna Bermudez-Ruiz’s Forgotten in Paradise, and the “Let’s Talk” community discussion on mental health and other issues.
We will keep you posted with news about rescheduling the Women’s Coalition of St. Croix Presents LUNAFEST Film Festival, as it develops.
The message of Silence Speaks, Secrets Revealed, continues to be heard and inspire positive action. Click here to read the National Sexual Violence Resource Center’s profile on the making of our radio drama about child sexual abuse.